PDA

View Full Version : can not get to the range

Pages : [1] 2

acemisser
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
too much snow and still snowing here in Alpine,NY got a foot already.Darn it all anyway....

scope eye
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Same here neighbor, Lake George is a winter wonder land, much to my chagrin

Dean

scope eye
12-29-2012, 03:38 PM
If I didn't spend so much on guns, I probably could have a half decent sled, that's a snowmobile for those not familiar with this term, oh well we have to make choices.

Dean

Joe L
12-29-2012, 05:11 PM
It is cool here but not much ice or snow at the range. I got out for a little while. 10F when I arrived at the range, warmed up to 16F by the time I left. Feet got cold!

Joe

acemisser
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Well,I suppose I could get in there with out much trouble..It's the thought of trudging through all the snow to hang a target
at the 250 yard backer..Thats the distance for the f class,so thats where I do my practice...Looks like 12 inch's so far here...And the older I get the more I hate it..lol

acemisser
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Same here neighbor, Lake George is a winter wonder land, much to my chagrin

Dean

Sorry Dean...I think it is gonna be around for a while now...I guess it would be a good time to be doing some loading..

fgw_in_fla
12-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to shoot tomorrow...
Temps are going to plunge down to 40 tonight.

I might have to look for my jacket.. Where did I put that thing anyway......

Awww heck. I'll just make sure I get a station on the sunny end of the firing line. Man, I hate it when its cold.

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAAHhahahaah

Have a great New Year gentlemen.

Frank in F*L*O*R*I*D*A (Sunny Central Florida to be exact)

scope eye
12-29-2012, 05:51 PM
SHUTTY and FYI colds have been known to relapse, OK flatlander LOL

Anonymous

thirty06
12-29-2012, 05:54 PM
We got 10in. Christmas day here in Arkansas. Don't know how you guys handle it.
At least ours will be gone in a couple more days.

fgw_in_fla
12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
I can't relapse what never left me in the first place. This miserable cold is STILL beating the both of us up here.

By the way, the weather info I mentioned is factual. I should wake up to around 40 tomorrow. By midday it'll be 60 - 65. A perfect day to shoot. Chest cold notwithstanding... of course.

BAck to bed for a while. Again.

Have a nice snow er.... ah, I mean evening. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahaha

Brrrrr.... what's that thermostat set at? I better turn off the A/C for a while.

Frank in Fla.

J.Baker
12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Let's watch the language around here guys, this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY site. Just a friendly reminder :)

wbm
12-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Was -16 here in sunny New Mexico last night. Went out to the "range" today anyway.

J.Baker
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Have roughly a foot here in the flatlands of NW Ohio. Of course it had to snow when I was already sick and miserable with the flu which made clearing the drive and sidewalks all the more fun.

acemisser
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Have roughly a foot here in the flatlands of NW Ohio. Of course it had to snow when I was already sick and miserable with the flu which made clearing the drive and sidewalks all the more fun.

Yeah I know the feeling so well..It sure aint no fun at all....

acemisser
12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Let's watch the language around here guys, this is a FAMILY FRIENDLY site. Just a friendly reminder :)

Didn't realize I said anything wrong..Sorry if I did

wbm
12-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Of course it had to snow when I was already sick and miserable with the flu

Jim you know that guy Murphy of Murphy's Law? Well I think he was an optimist.

kevin_stevens
12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
If I didn't spend so much on guns, I probably could have a half decent sled, that's a snowmobile for those not familiar with this term, oh well we have to make choices.

Dean

What do you call sleds?

KeS

Blue Avenger
12-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to shoot tomorrow...
Temps are going to plunge down to 40 tonight.

I might have to look for my jacket.. Where did I put that thing anyway......

Awww heck. I'll just make sure I get a station on the sunny end of the firing line. Man, I hate it when its cold.

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAAHhahahaah

Have a great New Year gentlemen.

Frank in F*L*O*R*I*D*A (Sunny Central Florida to be exact)

Swimming weather! Been more then once I have had people in parkas staring at me in the florida pools. Maybe I should wear trunks?

scope eye
12-30-2012, 12:51 AM
What do you call sleds?

KeS

A "snowmobile" hey not my terminology, I use to live a few towns over from where they were made.

rjtfroggy
12-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Sunday morning and at this time I am usually packing my stuff for the range,I wanted to sight my new model 40 in. Not today. 8 inches of fresh powder, still a few fluries and the wind is howling,about 23mph with higher gusts.For those that don't have a wind chill that equates to a real feel temp. of around 6*, so 40 would feel like summer. Afriaid to look out in the driveway because after 34 winters in this house I know there are a couple of 3-4 foot drifts across it and it will take me about 2.5 hours to snow blow it clear then the wind will help by blowing some back.
It took me 1 1/2 hours to drive 23 miles last night the plows could not keep up with the snow fall,probably because our govenor has reduced the amount of plows to save money.Thats how it is living in the TAX and spend state of Ct.