PDA

View Full Version : Custom stock

Pages : 1 [2]

fgw_in_fla
01-02-2013, 06:16 AM
You just had to put those pics of your last 3 works of art up there, didn't ya?....

You jast had to rub it in that one last time....

Happy New Year to ya Mr. Bobfortier....
Frank in Fla

fla9-40
01-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice try ! Actually I really appreciate our Canadian winter up here. And I have stopped making stocks, got a promotion at work and no more time to work in the shop on evenings.

But I kept 3 stocks for my own use.

bob...bob...bob... you have GOT to get your priorities straight !!! You can't let work get in the way :rolleyes:

Congrats on the promotion ! :cool:

bobfortier
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
I will probably do a couple of stocks for friends or my own use, but I cannot keep up doing Axis stock. In fact, I could not keep up with the demand up here in Canada, so I am sure that whoever is offering them will be busy for a while.

Now to reloading for the 308, and shoot this gun !

thermaler
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
I will probably do a couple of stocks for friends or my own use, but I cannot keep up doing Axis stock. In fact, I could not keep up with the demand up here in Canada, so I am sure that whoever is offering them will be busy for a while.

Now to reloading for the 308, and shoot this gun !

Let us know what kinda loads you like--308 is next on my list after I'm done with 6.5 284

bobfortier
01-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Might take a while, range is burried in snow, but I'd like to go with 178 gr bullet over CFE223. I am using CFE in my 223 with good results, I'd like to get the same powder working for the 308.

thermaler
01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Might take a while, range is burried in snow, but I'd like to go with 178 gr bullet over CFE223. I am using CFE in my 223 with good results, I'd like to get the same powder working for the 308.

Are you going for a target or hunting load?

plutonium
01-31-2013, 01:19 AM
yes boss i am a newbie with a savage axis 30-06 stainless steel and i want to customize my stock too ,,,,,,like to see those pics.. going to buy another stock and cut it up and put a possoble ar15 magpul adjustable on it using rods and reinforced with fiberglass is i dont have a problem with the glass and plastic lol

palerider338
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Just a thought on this subject : Why not re-drill and tap the action screw spacing to the 5.0++" size of the Model 110 instead of the 4.78" that comes on the Axis ? Put a couple of set screws in the original holes to keep the rigidity. Could also replace the POS recoil lug arrangement with the full lug like the other Savages have ?? That way you could drop it into almost any stock that works with the 110 LA ......or am I missing something here ??

drybean
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Just a thought on this subject : Why not re-drill and tap the action screw spacing to the 5.0++" size of the Model 110 instead of the 4.78" that comes on the Axis ? Put a couple of set screws in the original holes to keep the rigidity. Could also replace the POS recoil lug arrangement with the full lug like the other Savages have ?? That way you could drop it into almost any stock that works with the 110 LA ......or am I missing something here ??

OR you could do as i did,look at mine on page 4
drybean

plutonium
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
i am a newbie so you are a little ahead of me in fact a lot ahead of me lol but i will definetly check that out just have to learn more about the mechanics .. wonder if i cam manipulate the chaote tacticle stock

palerider338
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Nice rig Drybean. Looks great. Works like a charm moving the pillars to make it work on a blind mag or single shot follower set up...... DBM would be a little trickier \i would think.

palerider338
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Shouldn't be all that difficult to epoxy a larger bedding pillar in order to get the screw spacing to match the Axis spacing. Maybe if we ask Drybean nicely he will post some pics of the internals of his rig.

drybean
02-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Shouldn't be all that difficult to epoxy a larger bedding pillar in order to get the screw spacing to match the Axis spacing. Maybe if we ask Drybean nicely he will post some pics of the internals of his rig.

Wish i could,it is up at ranch 300mi away
will be away from ranch untill march or it thaws out
drybean

palerider338
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Just curious Drybean : The 110 LA measures 9.25 " in length.......is the Axis action the same length ?? It is considered a uni-sex action by many as it will fire SA or LA

rounds like the 30-06. Am trying to decide whether to rework a Stevens or an Axis action for what I want. Not a big deal to re-drill the action screw spacing on the Axis so i can use CDI bottom metal for a DM setup.

drybean
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Just curious Drybean : The 110 LA measures 9.25 " in length.......is the Axis action the same length ?? It is considered a uni-sex action by many as it will fire SA or LA

rounds like the 30-06. Am trying to decide whether to rework a Stevens or an Axis action for what I want. Not a big deal to re-drill the action screw spacing on the Axis so i can use CDI bottom metal for a DM setup.

the axis is up at the ranch,so I do not know
best to start with a stevens or savage action,less work,lots more after market support
drybean

palerider338
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks Drybean. Stevens are getting scarce up in my neck of the woods now that the Axis is out. Would prefer the SS action of the Axis but it's not that critical.

leadpoison
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
wow