PDA

View Full Version : which burris signature zees?

rakatak
12-29-2012, 12:17 AM
hey guys i need some help. i just built a 260 rem off a stevens 200 action. i just got my scope today, it's one of the cameraland 279.00 vortex vipers 6.5x20x44. love the scope by the way. i think i need the 30 mm zees but i'm not sure if i need medium or high. can anyone help me out of this because i really want to get this scope mounted and out to the range. what would be a good rail for this also. one piece is what i'm looking at. thanks a lot guys!

brasse
12-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Burris Signature zee rings are some what expensive, when you add in the extra cost of the inserts.

Best price by far is at JoeBobs, they are more of an AR15 store, but are $10 cheaper on the zee rings and $5 less on the inserts. And they have them in stock.

Just purchased a set.

r3dn3ck
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Medium zee signature series are a pretty high ring. I think the mediums will work just fine for you. I've never had to break out the high set without a 50mm objective bell. While the rings might be a bit more expensive than say JUNK weavers or chinese made pot metal trash, they're a FINE ring and at a fair price. 45 bucks on ebay. I use OpticsPlanet.com for my Zee's and they're always 42 bucks or so.

With a vortex viper you might consider putting a 10MOA set of offset inserts in your rings, you have the elevation range in the scope and it'll let you stretch the 260's legs if you decide to do some long range work. I'd use 20MOA inserts but I'm that way, all my guns use 20MOA canting somewhere and often get shot at 800m+. The eccentric kits can be had for 15 bucks with 5/10/20 MOA inserts all included so don't trip on getting any but the concentric set that come with the rings unless you decide you need them.

Txhillbilly
12-29-2012, 12:07 PM
For a 1pc mount Ken Farrell,EGW,Weaver. I have all three brands and they all are fine. I like the Farrell's,but they are expensive.
A Medium set of rings will be fine. I use mediums on all my set-ups,and all my scopes are 50mm Objective's.

thirty06
12-29-2012, 06:06 PM
The 30mm. rings come with the inserts. Nothing extra to buy.
Med. will work, I have the same setup. I actully think their too high.

helotaxi
12-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I ended up using a set of Warne low rings with that scope. Medium rings were simply too high and that was with a fairly low one-piece base.