PDA

View Full Version : S-200 blackout build

TheAlmightyBob
12-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey all. i figured I would start my own little build thread and update it as I go on. I bought the stevens 200 about 3 years ago and had bought it just for the purpose of turning it into a whisper. Until recently those plans were put on the back burner. I got a barrel at the gun shack. A standard contour blackout barrel and once I got it out to the range I got hooked on it. This rifle is probably only going to be used for paper punching and supressor usage.

So far, My build is as follows

Stevens 200 223.
Painted the stock desert tan.
ER Shaw 300 blackout barrel

Not a long list but like I said its been on the back burner.

The list of mods to come I guess are fairly common.

After market trigger
Thinking about going to a wood stock
Cerakote
New bolt handle
Thinking about doing something with the bolt body
And better glass.

Its not going to be a quick build, but I want to finish it inside of 2013. We'll so how that goes.

knight_dive
12-26-2012, 05:00 PM
What are you thinking of doing to the bolt body? I would like to do something to mine to make it not shiny, but I don't think it would be a good idea to paint it. I might have to see about having it blasted or something.

ellobo
12-26-2012, 09:18 PM
There are a couple of guys who advertise on here that do bolt body fluting. They look great. Check Sharpshootersupply, they advertise here and do the fluting. There are others but I don't remember who. I have seen all of them on here and they all look pretty good. Do a search here and see if there is information you could use.

El Lobo