PDA

View Full Version : Confused...

muttdog
12-26-2012, 12:27 AM
ok yall im a newbie at this stuff, what are do the FLVP/VLP/FLVP...etc mean? i have an older 110 LA and I want to be able to put one of these cool names behind my gun....

on a side note on my 110 it has a flathead bolt handle screw, and the action is flat on top at the rear and round at the front. Is this common?

bootsmcguire
12-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Below I have listed the basic codes for you. There are a few newer ones IIRC that are not on this list, but this is the abridged version.

10/110 - Old Designation Sporter Series, Current Designation Law Enforcement Series
(there are some hunter series guns that use the 10/110 however)
11/111 - Current Designation Sporter Series
12/112 - Varmint Series
14/114 - Classic Series (High Luster Blue, High Grade Wood Stocks)
16/116 - Weather Warrior Series (SS, Synthetic, Sporter & Mag Contoured Barrels)
Target Action Guns ( 12 F/TR, 12 F-Class, 12 Palma, Etc.)
Mod. 25 & 40 - Light Vamint Series
Axis - Entry Level Sporter with DBM
Stevens 200 - Same as 11/111 except no Accutrigger

The Axis, 25, and 40 all have different action types then the rest and as such parts are generally not compatible, except Axis barrels are compatable with standard shank Savage.

AK - Adjustable Muzzle Brake
B - Laminate Stock
BT - Laminated Thumbhole Stock
C - Clip (Detachable Box Magazine)
F - Synthetic Stock
G - Hardwood Stock
H - Hinged Floorplate
L - Left Hand
ML - Muzzleloader
NS - No Sights
P - Police
SS - Stainless Steel
T - (Rimfire) Peep Sights
V - Long-Range (Heavy Barrel)
XP - Package Gun
Y - Youth
SR- Suppressor ready (threaded muzzle)

There are some exceptions to the Rule however, VLP actually stands for "Varminter Low Profile" however if you go by the code it would be a "Heavy Barrel-Left Hand-Police", so again this is just the basic code, but there are exceptions wherever Savage had a mind to make one.

thomae
12-26-2012, 08:51 AM
on a side note on my 110 it has a flathead bolt handle screw, and the action is flat on top at the rear and round at the front. Is this common?Yes. Prior to about 2003 (I think) they were all built that way. You hear that type of receiver often referred to by the moniker "flatback."

muttdog
12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
thanks bootsmcguire that really helps...good info. and thomae..thankx s well!

darkker
12-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Ya know, Savage lists ALL of those codes on their website...

muttdog
12-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Ya know, Savage lists ALL of those codes on their website...

i did not know that.

bootsmcguire
12-26-2012, 07:35 PM
No problem, glad to help. And yes they do list it somewhere on their website.