PDA

View Full Version : 11 FNS ??

swampcrawler
01-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Recently acquired a Model 11LNS thru a rather "off the wall" trade.( engine manuals no less) Man said it was a 11 LNS. Where does the LNS destinction come from.

Model 11 LNS
.243 win
22" barrel-blued sporter
Blk. comp. stock w/ 13" LOP(way to short-must be youth model)
Detachable mag w/ metal mag well and trigger guard
Serial G670XXX
No AccuTrigger
No AccuStock

So the questions would be:
1. Where do I get a "drop in" stock replacement -- inexpensive is the key word, as its embarrasing how little I have invested in this piece--and want to keep it that way.The present one is way to short.
2. Whats the availability of additional mags/ and where.
3. What can I expect from this rifle, as a shooter (may end up as my older sons "yote" rifle)
4. What DOM does that serial suggest.
This man also has a Savage 110 in 7mm rem mag., that has a detachable mag,with the release button on the side. He states that the mag and release are a POS, and may want to divest himself of this rifle also. Is it something that is salvagable, or should I turn a blind eye to this one--it would seem to be in "very" nice condition other wise. Ok I,ve rambled enough, so if someone more learned than I wants to chime in--nows the time, thanks

82boy
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
In the topic you have FNS, in the post you have a LNS, I would think the topic is correct FNS. F= plastic stock NS= no sights L= left handed. If it was a left handed rifle it would be a 11FLNS

swampcrawler
01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
82, you're correct. Typo--FNS is the model.