PDA

View Full Version : help with bases and rail

rakatak
12-25-2012, 05:09 PM
just built a 260 on a stevens action. It has a 26 in shilen varmint barrel, with a bell and carlson medalist tactical stock. Made more to be a long range shooter. I'm looking at putting the 6.5x20x44 scope from cameraland that is 279.00. What do i need as far as rings and a base to mount it to the gun with. thanks.

helotaxi
12-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a very similar setup but with a slightly different scope. I mounted that one with an Weaver 20MOA base and EGW Practical rings. I have that same scope on a different Savage that I mounted with an Ironsighter base (one piece base that isn't a full rail or as tall as one) and a set of Warne Maxima low rings. I've found with most 30mm scopes on EGW or similar rails, low rings work the best.

Idaho-45
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
rakatak, Is the scope you are looking at the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. If it is, I have that same scope on a very similar build. I have a 260 Rem. build, Lothar Walther barrel, & B&C Medalist stock. I used an EGW 20 moa rail, & Weaver Tactical low rings. This system works ok. Someday hope to get a Sightron, or, another Nightforce to put on this rifle........ The V. Viper seems like a decent scope tho. Idaho-45