PDA

View Full Version : Target Stock

semtav
12-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Looking for a non thumbhole 110 stock for target and long range shooting.
Although I have a Boyds stock I was going to put on my Varmint barreled Stevens 200, I really don't like the pistol grip for that kind of shooting. Seems better suited for hunting.

I have both a Parker Hale 30-06 and a Weatherby Vanguard 7RM that have much more pronounced pistol grips that would be better suited for target shooting,
does anyone make a reasonable priced stock with a more pronounced pistol grip that doesn't have a huge forearm?
Thanks
Brian

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/markopolo50photo/PA100314.jpg

JCalhoun
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Try Sharp Shooter Supply.

J.Baker
01-15-2013, 02:09 PM
What you have there is what's referred to as a "California style" rollover Monte Carlo stock. It was a very popular pattern/style back in the 1950's and 60's and has been a staple pattern for Weatherby for decades (in fact, it may have even originated with Weatherby - really don't know). The old Savage 110 P and PE models came with this style of stock and it's still by far my favorite pattern for a sporter stock.

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone offering that pattern/style for a Savage these days otherwise I'd have probably ordered a half-dozen of them for my own guns already. Richard's Micro-Fit offers their Custom Rollover Style which is similar looking but has an oval-shaped forend, but what you get from them is far from a finished stock and having seen what their stocks look like "as delivered" I won't waste my time or money with them.