PDA

View Full Version : still looking for a stock for stevens

acemisser
12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Either I am missing something,but I have yet to find a stock with the 4.25
spacing I need for this rifle action.I would like a target-bench rest type
if possible for it..If I have to shell out hard earned cash for a stock,I want
the darn thing to fit right..The barrel channel I can deal with if I have to.

But the screw spacing has got to be correct..This is a Stevens 200 short
action...and I have a bull barrel on it...Anyone have any ideas...Thanks;)

helotaxi
12-21-2012, 04:43 AM
Are we talking straight cylinder barrel with no taper or just a heavy barrel?

I'm not sure if the B&C medalist Varmint/Tactical will fit a true bull barrel without opening the barrel channel up a bit, but they still make them for the staggered feed. I have one on my 12FV.

scope eye
12-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Get a Boyds thumbhole for $ 99.00, and make a V shaped piece that fits under the stock, that is flat on one side so it follows the bag, and follows the contour of the stock on they other, and hold it on where the sling attachment goes there already a hole drilled, I have made one out wood and one out of plastic, they both worked great but did not look good, so this winter I am going to apply myself and make a nicer one.

Tanks Dean

acemisser
12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I can always open the barrel channel myself if there is enough to work with..This is a straight bull barrel..My concern is the hole spacing...The one I did get is a light weight standard stock I found on gun broker...I have checked all over the web for the proper spacing..No luck yet..Someone out there has got to have one..I have a B-C under the mod 10..Love it...

scope eye
12-21-2012, 11:13 AM
When you are ordering on Boyd's web sight, if it says It's for a stagger feed short action, it's going to be a 4.25 spacing, if it says it's for a center feed short action the spacing will be 4.40,
as far as long actions go the bolt spacing is the same for both, they only difference is where the mag box is cut out, but you can trim one to fit they other, and finally there is a sporter stock thumbhole and a varmint thumbhole the varmint version has a lot more "meat" on it so you can channel out for a bull barrel,

Tanks Dean

acemisser
12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Dean----I checked Boyds..I suppose a thumb hole might work..Never have been to fond of them..
I might just go ahead and place an order after christmas...I appreciate you pointing in that
direction..John

scope eye
12-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Most of my builds started as a Steven's 200, they were $199.00 reg price at one time, that's the first upgrade I would do, right after I got my $99.00 crossfire from SWFA.

Dean

helotaxi
12-22-2012, 03:50 PM
You're looking for a B&C model 2999. That is the model number for the 4.25 stagger feed actions. Stocky's lists them "in stock" in black, grey with black web and tan with black web.