PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12flv magazine

missed
12-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I searched and can't find it. Is this rifle a blind magazine? Where can i get a drop box for it? I prefer drop box on my rifles. I'm getting my 10flcpk soon and thinking about getting a 12flv in .204 and get Bell Carlson stocks for both rifles. Stockys shows they have them and will work with drop box now. I'll just have to cut the bolt handle out.

Thanks!

stangfish
12-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Brother you are kind of scattered with your question. Do you have a FLCPK and want to convert it to a drop box or you want to buy one but do not know if it is a DBM. Why would you have to cut out for a bolt handle?

CRAMER
12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
What?

missed
12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry,

It is the 12flv that I am trying to figure out what magazine setup it has. I want one with a drop box. Savage website does not say what kind of magazine nor any of the other searching I have done.

missed
12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah and I want to find a stock for it, but I have not found any bell Carlson left hand stocks so I figured I would end up with a right hand action stock and make the mods for it to work.

rjtfroggy
12-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Go back to the Savage web site it is a blind mag,all the others are stated. Needs to have either dbm or a C in the discription to be a "drop box".

missed
12-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Go back to the Savage web site it is a blind mag,all the others are stated. Needs to have either dbm or a C in the discription to be a "drop box".

Thanks, it was just showing blank when I looked. So in that case is there a drop box conversion for it?

rjtfroggy
12-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Now this is just an assumption but I would say yes. You would need to find the parts numbers from Savage and a stock. To do that you can call them,if they can not answer ask for ext.6 then ask for Effie Sullivan she will set you on the right path.You can also call Jim Briggs at NSS (sponsor here) and ask him, he may have the parts in stock.

ellobo
12-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Call SharpShooterSupply who advertises here. They may have a stock you can use, left hand and with a DBM (Detachable box magazine).

El Lobo

rjtfroggy
12-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Call SharpShooterSupply who advertises here. They may have a stock you can use, left hand and with a DBM (Detachable box magazine).

El Lobo

Elobo last time I looked SSS no longer advertise or sponsors here and hasn't in quite a while. Maybe gets bashed too much(sometimes deserved) or they just have too much work and don't need our support.

lopeha
02-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Boyd's also do stocks for the 12.