PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New Guy with a couple of observations

Duke II
12-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi , New to Savage guns--I bought a Mark II BV .22 a couple of weeks ago and could not believe the accuracy and quality for 350.00 . All I could think was why did I wait so long to get one . Best mid priced ammo I have found is CCI SV , hole on top of hole at 50 yards is go enough for me . 1oo yards I can cover them with a 50 cent piece . So I went and got a 93 BVSS in .17 HMR. even better accuracy for 369.00 . Till today I bought a few boxes of CCI 20 gr. gamepoint .17 s . Would not load into chamber without pushing up on the magazine . Could it be the extra weight pulling it down ? Who knows but I should have stuck to the v-max they run great . Anyway glad to be here and I hope to learn a few things down the line from the experts here .

J.Baker
12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
IIRC the 20gr Game Points are hollow point bullets, correct? If so, they're probably catching the nose of the bullet on the bottom lip of the chamber because they're slightly shorter and blunt-faced. A very slight tweak to your magazine feed lips to raise the nose of the bullets will solve your problem and have no affect on feeding when shooting the poly-tipped bullets.