PDA

View Full Version : savage original mag parts

srice425
12-17-2012, 11:44 PM
hey guys, i have a 4.4 centerfeed blind mag that i am wanting to use the blind mag and make it into a dbm. i have seen the one at SSS and i am wanting to use the savage mags, bot ai or the other 10 round mags. just the 5 round mags like the other savage dbm come with from the factory. can i order the metal floorplate and mags from savage? if not, where would be the best place to order them after i get my stock with the open bottom?

Bossman
12-18-2012, 12:59 AM
SSS has the frame you need for the open bottom stock, plus the mag bottom that snaps on the "blind" mag box. Look at "original Savage parts" on their website. Or you can order the complete mags from Savage but you still need the DBM frame. I guess you could get it all from Savage, but I would give Fred at SSS a call and get help with it there.

srice425
12-18-2012, 01:01 AM
are they made out of the same material as the original parts from savage?

srice425
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
bump

jonbearman
12-18-2012, 04:19 PM
To convert your internal mag to a detachable mag besides the metal for the bottom you only need the plastic floorplate that you can get direct from savage on the link savage parts finder.You input your serial # and it should show both the internal parts and external parts.Some parts are restricted but the magazine parts are not along with the bottom metal.

srice425
12-18-2012, 04:27 PM
great. thank you for the info.

RatMag
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
srice,

If you want one of the metal floorplates for your magazine, let me know. I have several of them, and you can have one for free.

PM me if you are interested.

DK