PDA

View Full Version : 111 Bolt Handle Swap

xsskeet
12-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Howdy all...

As this is the first time I have swapped a bolt handle out, I have a couple quick questions... I ran through the FAQ's and search, bt did not find what I was looking for.

As described in the title it's one of the new 111's. I removed the bolt and as it's in the cocked position, I popped the pin releasing the firing pin tension. Now here is where it gets dicey.. I swear I heard something ping off the wall when I did that! Is there anything that can fly out just by releasing the firing pin tension?

Used the 1/4 Allen wrench, broke the tension loose and removed and replaced handle. Placing the firing pin back in the cocked position, I tightened the nut as much as possible, as the pin starts working back up through the nut.

Slipped the bolt back into the receiver and finished tightening the nut. Heck... I think I did it right..

Do you guys use any thread locker (blue) on the screw in nut?

Thanks...

Bill

Blue Avenger
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
blue glue? was it not hard enough to get out? ;)

drybean
12-17-2012, 10:48 PM
no thread locker needed,enjoy your bolt handle

drybean

xsskeet
12-17-2012, 11:07 PM
blue glue? was it not hard enough to get out? ;)

LOL... it was not that bad... Placed the bolt on the bench on some padding, placed a 25 pound bag of #9 shot over it. Inserted the allen wrench and gave it a light rap with a leather mallet.. Done deal..

Swapped out the little factory handle for the large handle like the one my 10FP.. SSS had a great price, and lisa dropped it in the mail the same day I ordered... Kudos to them!

drybean
12-17-2012, 11:16 PM
heck,i just put the allen wrench in set it on the carpet
then stand on it
drybean

txbdyguard
12-18-2012, 01:26 AM
no thread locker

BillPa
12-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Do you guys use any thread locker (blue) on the screw in nut?

Thanks...

Bill

No Blue goop. When I tighten them I hold the bolt handle in one hand, the allen wrench in the other then torque them to a grunt / grunt and a half.:p

Bill