PDA

View Full Version : Bell and Carlson Medalist Sporter with Magnum Barrel

greggo57
12-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have experience putting a 110 with a magnum barrel into the medalist sporter sporter. The website I looked at said some modification was needed. Is that just sanding down the barrel channel? Thanks.

KRP
12-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Yes, just opening up the barrel inlet a little bit.

big norm
12-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Check the stock specs.. some of them dont fit the Savage long action!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mattri
12-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Are you saying that some of the long action stocks are inletted improperly or just that you can't try to put a long action in a short action stock?

greggo57
12-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I have a stagger feed 110 in 7mm rem magnum. According to stocky's, the medalist sporter will fit that action. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience fitting the magnum contour into that stock and how much material they had to remove. I don't want to massacre the new stock trying to make it fit.

big norm
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Just saying be careful because some of there Savage stocks are short action only! I was looking at the A3 medalist and it is short action only.. I checked and the sporters are available for both!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mattri
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
All stocks are eithe short action or long action- there's no crossover.

alphapygmy
12-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I have one of these I opened up to fit a magnum contour A&B 338-06 barrel. I had to remove enough material to free float it that I busted through the fiber glass in two places, about halfway between the recoil lug and front end. Right now I'm looking into the best way to refinish the barrel channel. I was going to take just a little more off then fill the fore end holes with expanding insulation then JB Weld over the top. Finish sand, paint, then call it good. I'm wondering if there is a better topper than JB Weld for doing this but don't have much experience in stock work.