PDA

View Full Version : Square plug on stock??

devildogandboy
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM
i have an Edge in 308 and noticed this square notch just forward the recoil pad, i thought if i pushed it down it would release my recoil pad. long story short, it didn't release the recoil pad and i broke the notch. i'm filling it with JB weld to make it look better.
anybody know what that "notch" is for? how do you remove the recoil pad, is it possible??

82boy
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
The plastic notch you broke off hold the top half of the recoil pad on, the bottom half is held on by the sling stud.

devildogandboy
12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
i wish i had that info before i went poking around into the "unknown". oh well, it's easily fixed.
thanks for the info!

thermaler
12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
It's a piece of junk, as you found out--it can only be assembled once--and any disassemble breaks the tab. As long as you have it off--you might consider reinforcing the stock up to the trigger guard area-- a recoil buffer of sorts. Are you contemplating shortening the stock?

devildogandboy
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
thermaler, still couldn't get the pad off but did fill the stock area with foam from where the trigger guard snaps in place.

Gmac, too late for that, already broke the tab off and have filled the notch with JB weld (i love this stuff).

thanks for the help guys!!

thermaler
12-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Like Patrick said--all you need to do is unscrew the swivel stud to get the butt pad off once the tab is gone. When my hogue overmolded stock comes in for my 111 I'm going to take a close look and see if there is any way at all to adapt it to the Axis--unless someone else has already tried and figures it's impossible?

marc

thermaler
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Warm up the stock before pressing , havnt broke one yet

dam$ you and your ideas that make obvious sense! : )