PDA

View Full Version : Operation "Make A Sniper Cry" - Stevens 200 Build Up x 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

broken6r
02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
broken6r....this is really a great thing that you are doing for your friend. Wish I had a friend that thought that much of what I do for them. Now...Do you realize what you have cost me?! I've been snooping around this thread for a while and really like what you have put together, so I'm out and about today and found a BNIB Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 for $279. Guess what I brought home? Guess what I'm fixin' to do? When the SHTF here I'm going to refer my wife to you for answers! This is your fault! (thanks)

goinssr,
First off, Thank you for the support!! Second, if you show her my itemized list on page 1, you can happily point out that you're already doing it more cheaply than I did! My Steven's 200's cost me $340 each, and I had to special order them! Third, point out that you couldn't possibly pass up such a great deal! Last but not least, when that doesn't work (and it won't), make sure you tell her that this is all my fault. You can even show her where I said so!

seanhagerty
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm using that excuse too.

broken6r
02-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm using that excuse too.

To the loving, beautiful, devoted, and talented wife of seanhagerty.

Please accept my deepest regrets and most sincere apology. I must tell you that the reason for your finances being reduced as of late, is completely my fault. Your devoted and hard working husband, that only has eyes for you, has been following my build thread since page 1 with much enthusiasm for what I am doing for my friend as well as myself. It is with the utmost regret that I write to you today, to inform you that your husband has been seduced by my project. Please try to understand. He is one of the most hard working and devoted people there is, and deserves a custom made, precision Savage rifle, that he himself has built. Were it not for your love and support of this fine man, his project of precision would not be possible. It is a great honor that he has been bestowed upon with the desire to himself own a highly tuned, customized Savage based precision rifle. The most beneficial part of all, is the silver lining to this. When the zombies attack, he will be able to defend you in infinite glory from afar, without endangering himself. The ultimate reason behind his project of precision, is that when this day of brain chewing zombies comes, he will be well prepared to defend you from a tactically superior vantage point at great distances. Please trust my word on this, as I am the most trustworthy type of person of all. I come from the Internet.

Respectfully,
broken6r

How's that?

seanhagerty
02-04-2013, 09:27 PM
OK, what caliber do you need? Where do I send it?

Sean

goinssr
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
To the loving, beautiful, devoted, and talented wife of seanhagerty.

Please accept my deepest regrets and most sincere apology. I must tell you that the reason for your finances being reduced as of late, is completely my fault. Your devoted and hard working husband, that only has eyes for you, has been following my build thread since page 1 with much enthusiasm for what I am doing for my friend as well as myself. It is with the utmost regret that I write to you today, to inform you that your husband has been seduced by my project. Please try to understand. He is one of the most hard working and devoted people there is, and deserves a custom made, precision Savage rifle, that he himself has built. Were it not for your love and support of this fine man, his project of precision would not be possible. It is a great honor that he has been bestowed upon with the desire to himself own a highly tuned, customized Savage based precision rifle. The most beneficial part of all, is the silver lining to this. When the zombies attack, he will be able to defend you in infinite glory from afar, without endangering himself. The ultimate reason behind his project of precision, is that when this day of brain chewing zombies comes, he will be well prepared to defend you from a tactically superior vantage point at great distances. Please trust my word on this, as I am the most trustworthy type of person of all. I come from the Internet.

Respectfully,
broken6r

How's that?

I believe I'll just copy/paste this into a word doc, fill in my own name and print it for future use.

broken6r
02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
OK, what caliber do you need? Where do I send it?

Sean

That's the beauty! Do it yourself and make it yours. I grew up hunting and shooting, but have never done anything remotely close to gunsmithing prior to this. If a knucklehead like I can do it, so can you!

I believe I'll just copy/paste this into a word doc, fill in my own name and print it for future use.

Rock on! :rockon:

broken6r
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Just an update for ya folks. I was able to get a hold of Southwest Ammunition today. They went through a change in office managers, hence the difficulty in contacting them. They do however, have all my ammo ready. The reason for the delay, is they had a distributor issue, and have been unable to get the box inserts that holds/protects the ammo. However, after changing distributors they are still awaiting for these to arrive. After discussing it with them, they are going to try to come up with a way of safely shipping the ammo to me without the inserts, so that I can receive it ASAP. If they are able to do so, all will be well as I have plenty of plastic inserts from various ammo manufacturers. Currently crossing my fingers that they come up with a good way of shipping the ammo without these (especially the Amax's).

broken6r
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
And another one. I spent some time on the phone with Kristen from Southwest yesterday. She's working on getting my order out ASAP. She was hoping for yesterday, and if not then, then on Monday. My order is still flagged as "processing" so i'm currently under the assumption it will go out on Monday. For any of you reading this, please keep in mind that they are a small company that tries to put out a high quality product (which is why I went with them for ammo). Combine it with the recent panic buying, and they're pretty well slammed with orders. Once I made initial contact, the customer service that I have received has been outstanding.

GaCop
02-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I would get a barrel vise instead of the action wrench- Go gague is a good thing, no-go not needed- save that $$$ for more ammo

+1 on that!

JohnC
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
This is a a really cool thing that you are doing for your friend. Please give us an update and a range report.

Majja13
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Any updates on the coolest gift ever.

goinssr
03-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Any updates on the coolest gift ever.
I was wondering about this same thread last night. We need updates....enquiring minds want to know!

peak98
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
any word yet on your ammo ?

big_bullseye
03-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Lots of reading... I'm new here but I like what I see already.

broken6r
03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey gang. Sorry about the hiatus. Southwest Ammunition has had some major issues. They actually cancelled my initial order out of confusion with someone else. Which in my opinion is a little absurd as I had been in constant contact with them, and they knew I wanted the ammo. Long story short, I have all but 2 boxes of the ammo that I ordered from them, and have been awaiting a reply from them on this since last week. I will not be doing business with them again. The next time I need quality ammo, the money will instead be spent on reloading equipment. I will say that what I have received thus far appears to be well done, but I have not shot any of it as of yet.

As far as giving the gift, I am merely waiting for the right opportunity at this point.

rattfink
03-26-2013, 09:28 AM
As far as giving the gift, I am merely waiting for the right opportunity at this point.

I'm trying to think of a "wrong" time and can't come up with one.

torque4me
03-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Easter Sunday sounds about right....

broken6r
03-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Likely will not be for another week or so. In a couple of days him and I are making a quick trip home for a couple of days. I intend to use the drive as an opportunity to start planting the rifle bug in his head. Nothing wrong with torturing him a little, right?

bythebook
04-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I was just wondering if there has been anymore action on this subject, or has it been dropped ?

Szumi
04-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm still waiting to see how this turns out. I'm also still waiting to see how my precision project turns out when the snow followed by a muddy two track to the rifle range drys up and I can shoot my FCP 10 for the first time.