PDA

View Full Version : 338 Lapua w HS stock

JHenkle
12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Hello new member...

I've been looking at a 338 Lapua w the HS stock and am curious how the current owners feel about them. I've done a lot a reading and know the Lapua brass is the way to go and the 250 or 300 SMKs w H1000 or Retumbo seem to be a good combo.

Oh one last thing, read something about "'lug set back w/ shots of 600 rounds or more. Has this been addressed by Savage yet?

I like quality and am not sure if I should buy a Savage or start gathering parts for a custom build. Would really like something that will shoot 1/2 MOA out to 600 or so. Pipe dreams?

Give it to me... Thanks, j

JHenkle
12-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Read it on this board in one of the post... I thought the date on the post was near the begining of the year. Will see if I can find it again and post a link...

Anyone have good or bad feedback...?

skyguy59
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I love mine. Changed the trigger to a rifle basix trigger. 1/4 MOA with 300 gr Scenars or Sierra Match. Seems to like the Hornaday 285 gr as well but no lighter. Check the scope mount screws before you install your scope. Apparently Savage does not use locktite and they will "shoot loose" after a couple of hundred rounds. (don't ask me how I know)