PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell scope

mbuckley52
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I bought a Model 116 270 package, used from a guy in Ft Worth, I got a super deal on it, (250.00) for gun, scope, sling and case, and no it's not hot.

I was at the range yesterday shooting it and after about 25 rounds, the scope broke. I took it to cabela's and
of course they wanted to sell me a new one, it is a Bushnell 3x9 32 and was part of the package that savage sold.

I love the gun and want to keep it, but have to get a new scope, so I bought one on line today ans will have it by the end of the week.

anyone else have that problem?

thanks
mbuckley52

swampcrawler
01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
You will notice that 40 people read your post--before I stuck my $0.02 worth in. Could be that all 40 of them knew for a fact that the Bushnell scope that is supplied with the "package rifles"is a certified POS. Welcome to the forum, and I'm fairly sure that the forum members are hoping that you didn't order a replacement scope of the same type, and quality, of the one that failed you--but judging from the tone of your question the jury might still be out on this. Let us know how it turned out--the .270 is truly a "do all" round.

sharpshooter
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
The scopes on the package rifles cost Savage about $20....including the rings and bases. You didn't lose anything but a headache.