PDA

View Full Version : Difference between FCP and FCP-K?

Joe L
12-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Bought a Model 10 FCP per the box label but the web site only lists an FCP-K. What is the difference? Model number of the gun I have is 18608. I am very happy with the gun, but I don't have a clue about interpreting Savage's model designations/letter codes.

Joe

txbdyguard
12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
AK -Adjustable Muzzle Brake
B -Laminate Stock
C -Clip (Detachable Box Mag.)
F -Synthetic Stock
G -Hardwood Stock
H -Hinged Floor Plate
L -Left Hand
LE -Law Enforcement
ML -Muzzleloader
S -No Sights
P -Police
SE -Safari Express
SS -Stainless Steel
U -Ultra High Lustre
V -Long Range (Heavy Barrel)
XP -Package Gun
Y -Youth

Have no clue what the K is. AK is the brake on the front

Joe L
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
It has a non-adjustable brake, so maybe the K is for a brake. Thanks a bunch. It also has a heavy fluted barrel.
Joe

pitsnipe
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I own an FLCP-K. The "K" is for the non adjustable /removable muzzle break. The "L" for me is cause I shoots "wrong sided" and like MY bolt on the "correct" left side.
Good shootin gun.

Uncle Jack
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I have three FLCP-Ks, .223, .308 and 300 Win Mag (Custom Shop). They are the best Savages I have ever bought and I have a pot full of left hand Savages. The .223 and .308 were both 1/2" guns out of the box. I have yet to fire the 300. Yes, the "K" stands for the muzzle break that I would just as soon do without, but it does leave the barrel pre-threaded for a suppressor. The .308 with a decent scope and the addition of a couple of SSS extended magazines (9 rounds) is a pretty formidable all around hunting and defensive rifle.

uj