PDA

View Full Version : New Hog Hunter Rifle

cptslick
12-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Fellow members, I know this has been beat to death but I would like specific parts numbers and your idea what would be the best setup for the Savage Hog rifle in .308. I would like the base and rings you would use plus scope. I probably will be shooting within a 200yd distance. My eyes and I are old. Appreciate your feedback.
Thanks

bfwhite
12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I like the Burris Zee rings. I have them on all my rifles. As far as bases go, I use a Ken Farrell one piece on my target rifle. These are pricey bases at around 100 dollars. I just order a EGW one piece base for my 300 win mag hunting rifle. At 35 dollars it is a deal if it is as high quality as the Ken Farrell. I like the one piece base with multi slots for mounting as it allows more options to mount the scope. Especially when I am trying to get the best cheek placement and eye relief. If you want specific part numbers, we need to know more information about your scope. i.e. Objective lens diameter and length of tube, sporter or heavy barrel. As far as scopes go, on my target rifle I have a Mueller Eraticator 8.5x25x50mm, on my .30-06 I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14x40mm and on my 300 win mag I have a Mueller Tactical (mil dot) 4.5x16x50mm. Each one serves its own purpose. Are you shooting in wide open fields, light or heavy woods, etc?