PDA

View Full Version : Removing 110 internal mag box for feed lip adjustment

Bark
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I need to correct the mag feed lips on a 89 110 LA and would appreciate hearing the process for pulling the box .Don't see trying to accurately bend the lips in while still mounted in the reciever.If it must be done while still mounted in the rifle I'd appreciate hearing how you do it. Thanks, Old Grumpy Bark

kslefty
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
The magazine needs to be compressed to remove. I have used vise grip C clamps, preferably with the swivel pads on them or a large screwdriver to twist near the front mounting tab. A sharp blow against the front top of the box with a rubber mallet will dislodge it but you will have to compress it to re-install.

Bark
01-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the reply Lefty,always enjoy a valid reason to get out the big hammer,giving it a go tonight.

geargrinder
01-04-2010, 02:18 AM
I use a spare factory recoil lug. I install the front action screw, then you can wedge the recoil lug between the screw and the magazine. It will usually pop right out.

Putting it back in, I'll put the rear tab in place. Take a large screw driver in the crook of the front tab and give it a whack with the palm of my hand. It will usually pop in within a couple tries.

usngunner
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I use a spare factory recoil lug. I install the front action screw, then you can wedge the recoil lug between the screw and the magazine. It will usually pop right out.

Putting it back in, I'll put the rear tab in place. Take a large screw driver in the crook of the front tab and give it a whack with the palm of my hand. It will usually pop in within a couple tries.

That's a good idea, I may have to try that just to see how it works. I use a big set of welding vise grips, but this might keep my buddy from "borrowing" them. ;)