PDA

View Full Version : Will T&T improve accuracy?

bsekf
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a custom barrel what shoots MOA but I think it should do better. I have it on a stock Stevens action with a SSS trigger and a Dura-Max bedded stock. I have not tried it on my SSS Timed and Trued action. In a 200 yard 5 shot string the barrel will shoot 3 shots, sometimes only 2, touching and the other 2 or 3 will be 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch out, never the same sequence for the flyers. I have finally started marking the cases of the flyers, no conclusive results from that test yet. If it would ocasionally shoot a .5 then I would say operator error, I have guns I shoot 5's with. Might I expect the T&T'd action to remove some of this phenomenon?

Bill

BillPa
12-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Might I expect the T&T'd action to remove some of this phenomenon?

Bill

Yes, no, maybe.

Bill

Nandy
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I also agree with Bill, it is hard to tell. Timing is not going to help with accuracy, it will make your action feel better when working the bolt but that is that. Truing COULD help IF your action is really out of alignment. The only way you will know is to have the work done. I have a 30-06 sporter from A&B, not a barrel that you will call "custom" and more in the line of quality as the factory savage barrels and most of the time I was shooting submoa at 100yds. The 7mm rem mag in my signature is a custom barrel and it shoots .6?? or better at 200yds so I would expect any custom barrel to do better than moa with the proper hand load and shooting techniques...