PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on scope mount for 10fcpk

Pages : 1 [2]

fgw_in_fla
12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
thomae - I believe that would work very nicely. The problem is I'm not up to date on these new fangled contraptions.

PM's checked.

Thanks & I owe ya one.
Merry Christmas.
Frank in FLa

rattfink
12-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Sorry about that sometimes fingers and brain don't work together.
Hope it looks better now.

Ok that's what I was thinking you meant. Thanks for clarifying!

Deerhunter 28
12-15-2012, 11:55 PM
TTT

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

helotaxi
12-16-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm currently using 3 EGW, one Weaver and one Ironsighter bases on my various Savages. One of the EGWs is the HD version made of 7075 Al, the other two are the basic rail. No difference in performance from any of them.

The Weaver base has a recoil lug machined into it and I like that, since Savage in general uses #6 screws for base mounting. It's also about the same price as the EGW, possibly less. The Blackhawk brand base is exactly the same base.

As far as the rings go I've got a set of the Weaver tactical rings on one of my rifles (not a Savage) and they work fine. Well machined, lightweight, hold the scope securely without the need to overtighten and inexpensive. Again, the Blackhawk rings are exactly the same thing.

Joe L
12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I installed the "blem" EGW rail last night. I never could find the blemish, but I didn't look too hard after I checked the fit on my rifle, which was perfect. Cleaned the receiver with a little alcohol and the bottom of the rail, spread a little blue loctite on it and the screws, and installed everything. Perfect fit. The EGW rail is on for good.

My Academy special rail had loosened up over the last 20 rounds or so, but I had not used any Loctite and didn't tighten anything down much more than snug so it was my fault. I am keeping it in case I get another Savage. What is funny is that I had been shooting 3" groups at 200 yards in a crosswind with the scope free to wiggle. I was wondering why the groups were a little larger than normal (expected 1.5") and I found the reason, LOL. Won't make that mistake again.

Joe

missed
12-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Subscribed...

Top of my list is the weaver tactical 20 moa base and rings and a vortex viper scope. I just hope the talk rings are going to clear the 50mm .