PDA

View Full Version : New Savage Axis owner for $339.00 Brand New

97Widerider
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey all, didn't see an introduce yourself thread so I am just jumping right in here. I got a great Cabela's deal ( I love living by Cabelas, wife doesn't) on an Axis .243 Win for $239.00. (Typo in Thread Title) No mounts, rings or scope though. Anyway, I have a few guns and join a forum for each one, along with my truck, car and anything else that has a forum. You learn so much because YOU ALL together are the experts.

I like to coyote so this is my dedicated yote gun. If we ever can hunt deer in Indiana with a rifle cartridge, then it will be that as well. Well I might not have much to contribute for now but will be keeping an eye on the forum. I haven't shot it yet so maybe when I do, I will have something to contribute, or something to ask at the minimum.

97Widerider

fgw_in_fla
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Congrats on the new toy & welcome to the club. Feel free to peruse the site for info or if you don't see what you need, just ask. There's a wealth of good info here from a great bunch of folks.
Enjoy-

Frank in Fla

Cmeplay13
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I myself just joined this forum and also just purchased a new axis 243ss in camo. Went to the range saturday to try it out. I hope you get the same results as I got. With federal 100 grain soft points I was tickled, were talking 1/2" 3 shot groups at 100 yards. Not sure I can duplicate that with my handloads. I did work on the trigger first but that was a 5 min job. Good luck and happy shooting.