Model: 10 FCP-SR
Model: 10/110 FCP HS Precision
Model: 10 FCP McMillan
Model: 10 FCP-K
Model: 10 Precision Carbine

Targeted use. Range shooting our to 600 meters

thirty06
12-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Why did you put this in the Axis/Edge section ?
It would get more answers in the Savage 110 section !

Blue Avenger
12-02-2012, 03:00 PM
As he is the trickster, I'm guessing he is playing a trick!

Who Was (http://www.kokopelli.com/whowaskok.html) Kokopelli? (http://justkokopelli.com/who-was-kokopelli)
Known as a fertility god, prankster, healer and story teller, Kokopelli has been a source of wonder throughout the country for centuries. Kokopelli embodies the true American Southwest, and dates back over 3,000 years ago, when the first petroglyphs were carved. Although his true origins are unknown, this traveling, flute-playing Casanova is a sacred figure to many Southwestern Native Americans. Carvings of this hunch-backed flute-playing figure have been found painted and carved into rock walls and boulders throughout the Southwest.

There all the same action, just different stocks. Pick the stock you like.

Kokopelli
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Well hey.. Best way for a first post.. Wrong section.. Possibly I should have posted it in the "help me decide section" DOH.. 8) Cheers.. Ron

PS: I am serious about the post however. I've been researching this question for a few days now and it seems that there's more than a-bit of inconsistency with reviews. My experience with other firearms is that often all things are not equal "as shipped". 'm just curious about what the Savage users think.

pitsnipe
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I voted for the HS Precision and I own an FLCP-K in .308. I like the Accustock. But cant help but believe that I could squeeze out a fraction of an MOA at ranges beyond 600 yards with a "better" stock. The choices are limited for this model of action. So I enjoy it as is for now. If you dont need a lefty (as I wasnt going to "settle" for another righty) I would have gone with the HS.

Kokopelli
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys.. I'm stuck on the order listed. What appeared to be a very good review said although a great stock, the McMillan was unbedded and did nor have pillars, He said it would be a great stock after being professionally bedded. He concluded the HS would be better out of the box due to the aluminum bedding.

Another review I read was very complementary on the accustock on the SR model. Those models will be one of my choices depending on availability. Ron

rrflyer
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
The truth is they will all shoot about the same so you need to look and see if the stock that comes with each one actually is comfortable to you.

I've moved away from the more traditional stocks to the HS Precision or McMillan stocks with the more vertical grip.

If the price is the same McMillan is generally regarded as a better stock though both are very good. Bedding will help of course but it will help the HS Precision as well.

I hate to throw another in the mix but if you have a Cabelas close they have the Cabelas special savage model 10 that comes with a Choate A5 copy for around 700$

Its actually a nice stock as well.

Remember the Rifle is generally half or less the equation. Have some cash for a good scope and setup as well.

Kokopelli
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
The truth is they will all shoot about the same so you need to look and see if the stock that comes with each one actually is comfortable to you.

I've moved away from the more traditional stocks to the HS Precision or McMillan stocks with the more vertical grip.

If the price is the same McMillan is generally regarded as a better stock though both are very good. Bedding will help of course but it will help the HS Precision as well.

I hate to throw another in the mix but if you have a Cabelas close they have the Cabelas special savage model 10 that comes with a Choate A5 copy for around 700$

Its actually a nice stock as well.

Remember the Rifle is generally half or less the equation. Have some cash for a good scope and setup as well.

I'll check Cabelas, I hadn't heard about that. I don't plan on bedding stocks, hence the "out of the box" question. This rifle will have a Nikon Monarch 4-16X50 on it most likely. I won't be actually buying this rifle myself, rather working a deal.. Thanks.. Ron

stangfish
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys.. I'm stuck on the order listed. What appeared to be a very good review said although a great stock, the McMillan was unbedded and did nor have pillars, He said it would be a great stock after being professionally bedded. He concluded the HS would be better out of the box due to the aluminum bedding.

Another review I read was very complementary on the accustock on the SR model. Those models will be one of my choices depending on availability. Ron

You can sell the McMillan stock and I will sell you an late model accustock .;)

Kokopelli
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Looks like the McMillan is leading in the points! Possibly I'll hear something from my connection regarding availability this week. Ron

Kokopelli
12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Well my LGS solved the problem for me.. He's got a Remington Model 700™ XCR™ Compact Tactical incoming with my name on it.. It was on my short list ahead of the Savages, so that's the deal.. Possibly my next will be a Savage. I'll make a point of handling the next one I see. Ron