PDA

View Full Version : Tupperware material

ellobo
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
I have a suspicion that Savage has changed materials, that is, different plastics and or fillers over the years. Does anyone know if they did and what the changes were and when? I have a tupperware stock that is black and checkering cast in. It seems a lot stiffer than what I hear in these posts on many occasions. That is what got me to wondering. It came as a 110 in 7 mag and is now a 7X57. Flat back action. The material seems to have a filler of some kind in it.

El Lobo

ellobo
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Come on troops, someone out there must know the answer to this one. Fred Moreo, if you are reading this do you know the answer?

El Lobo
With proper training a man become a dogs best friend

txbdyguard
12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Lobo you would need to call Effie at Savage and she can give you that info. I've never owned a flat back.

darkker
12-02-2012, 02:57 AM
The last Savage I bought was about 4 years ago now. Was still the same sewer-pipe crap as previously.
Since the accu-stocks came around I don't know, All PRE (that I owned) were the same.

rjtfroggy
12-02-2012, 07:12 AM
ELLOBO, I have to agree with you, in the mid 90's I bought two model 11 and the tupperware wasn't really all that bad,just not appealing to the eye. Then with the advent of the accu trigger I happened to buy two more and found the stocks some what flimsy and lacking fore end support to the point you could squeeze them tight enough to touch the barrel.(replaced with laminates).Now about a month ago I bought a 220f slug gun and to be honest I don't think I have ever seen such a cheap stock on a gun before this.I am going to be attempting to convert a Boyds I have here to try and fix this stock issue on the 220. First Savage I was disappointed with and I have a bunch.
I don't know what is in the corporate minds up in Westfeild but I hope they stop going cheap with the stocks and raising prices constantly and come back to earth where us oldtimers live.