PDA

View Full Version : Today's pawn shop find!

sledder12
11-30-2012, 02:28 AM
I picked up an older flat back 111 in .300WM with three screw trigger today for $200. It is in real good shape, but it has the black composite stock. Also this has a Dbm with a side button release. The mag is countersunk in the stock. My question is this. Is this considered a staggerfeed? Can I convert this to a blind mag and buy any 110 stock?

rjtfroggy
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Yes & yes
All the how to do it is here on the site. Just do a search for it.

sledder12
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure, as this new to me rifle is the oldest in the fleet, and my first LA

thirty06
11-30-2012, 05:19 PM
All you need is a staggerfeed mag box & follower and of course the LA stock of your choice.

big honkin jeep
12-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Nice grab, Yes and why? I have a couple of the older staggerd feed DBM rifles and absolutely love em. Nice to be able to push a button and unload your rifle without cartridges going everywhere and slide em in your pocket in neat orderly fashion. Also makes loading a breeze without having to push em down through the space between the scope and the port one at a time. Both of these functions are much easier especially before daylight of at sunset. Just pop in the mag rack one up and hunt. If you decide to sell the takeoff parts it shouldn't take long on the classifieds here if they're priced right. Personally I'd leave it alone. The DBM black composite stocks are perfect for a hunting rig, light, tough and functional.

Nandy
12-01-2012, 01:19 AM
oh, Lord, you screwed up big time.... But since I am such a nice person I will take it from you for $200... your welcome....

sledder12
12-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Haha, thanks Nandy, I think I'll keep it though. And I haven't decided to change anything just yet, but I was trying to figure out my options. Thanks for all your help!