PDA

View Full Version : What bipod do you used for your savage.

Amistoso
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
I need help finding one that will fit. I have one that does not fit.

stomp442
12-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I use the blackhawk one Walmart sells and love it. The short one that allows for the rifle to pivot is perfect for shooting prone in the field or off a bench.

davemuzz
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I have two harris's. One the short and the other a medium. They both work just fine on my Model 10 and Model 12, and on my B&C stock.

mattm0812
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I use the blackhawk one Walmart sells and love it. The short one that allows for the rifle to pivot is perfect for shooting prone in the field or off a bench.

This.

It also has a wider profile compared to other bipods which I like a lot.

stomp442
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
True that, and for forty bucks you can't beat it.

Dennis
12-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I use a Harris bi-pod and a Sinclair wide F class bi-pod. Depends on the stock, if it's pretty flat, the Sinclair comes in handy. We have a class where the Sinclair is not allowed, so the Harris is used.

Both used on several VLP's and F-Class stocks.

fgw_in_fla
12-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Blackhawk.

The money you save from not buy a hi - dollar bipod can go towards savings for another rifle.

lal357
12-06-2012, 06:52 AM
i use a harris on my lrpv,blackhawk on my 223 tigershark, and a caldwell(sp) on my open class boyds they all have there ups and down harris locks down better (legs dont try to close while i'm shooting a string) like the cant on the blackhawk. but i'm changing things up for this coming season thinking of putting a sinclair on my lrpv and modified the boyds so it now sits on a 3" flat base.

RatMag
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM

I would have to get more information from you concerning this question. What "fit" are you asking about?? The width of the stock?? The width of the flat on the bipod itself?? The height of your shooting requirements?? As Gmac5 stated, I don't understand exactly what you are asking...

DK

thermaler
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Blackhawk.

The money you save from not buy a hi - dollar bipod can go towards savings for another rifle.bipods are kinda like glass--the cheap ones can get the job done--but the good ones are worth the extra expense. I have both blackhawks and harris pods on a wide variety of rifles, overall the harris ones are worth the extra price IMO. Small things like less movement in legs, not coming as loose as easily, installs easier on a cramped rail etc.

teele1
12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Harris for anything tactical and Sinclair Gen2 for F/TR forget the cheapo Harris look-a-likes already bent the Caldwell i tried

Willoughby
12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Ive had good luck with Caldwell, Blackhawk & Harris
I cant see any difference in performance-
I like the 9-13 for hunting or shooting in the field
the 6-9 works good for bench shooting
but I prefer to go out in woods & shoot -instead of waiting at the range for whoever to do whatever
a lot a folks scare me with how they handle a weapon

thermaler
12-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Ive had good luck with Caldwell, Blackhawk & Harris
I cant see any difference in performance-
I like the 9-13 for hunting or shooting in the field
the 6-9 works good for bench shooting
but I prefer to go out in woods & shoot -instead of waiting at the range for whoever to do whatever
a lot a folks scare me with how they handle a weapon

Funny you mention it--I had an incredible day at the range today. And it wasn't even very crowded.

Because wealthy folks come out from the city and like to to fire huge amounts of ammo--they often leave behind their brass, and even though you're supposed to clean up after yourself--few people do. This has given rise to "brass scavengers." Often rather unsavory looking characters who come to gather the leftover brass. Nothing wrong with that, in principal, but today these two guys had the audacity to go out in front of the firing line while the range was hot--in one case I actually saw the guy walk across the front of a shooter's AR muzzle. I ceased firing immediately and advised the guys to back out--they just moved up the line from one pit to the next.

In another incident, a new-comer who I guess was anxious to post his target simply called the range cold and walked out. Imagine my astonishment as I was about to fire my 270 when out of the corner of my eye I see a walking figure in the rifle lane next to mine!

I know the WMA area manager and he tells me the range is on borrowed time.

thermaler
12-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you mean a bipod with a swivel clamp instead of a rail clamp??