PDA

View Full Version : ok guys, help me vent....

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sambo3006
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
hershey and I have communicated via email and he has talked to the gunsmith. hershey has offered to facilitate getting the gunsmith to make it right for me if need be. At this point I would consider that to be a 300 Ultramag barrel or some sort of monetary settlement from the smith. That is probably the best way it could turn out.

I think the moral here is that there are always two sides to the story, and judgements made based on incomplete information can often be wrong (both sides in this case) :P. I misjudged hershey's intentions and he misjudged my understanding of what was going on with the rifle. I also think a few people who posted here made the same mistake but I probably would have thought the same thing presented with only part of the info, no offense taken.

lwink
01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Glad to see this things resolved with no major fallout. Glad you guys were both mostly civil about it and hopefully the gunsmith will be as well.

DGD6MM
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
sambo3006, I was the 9th poster on this topic and I would like to apologize for my comment. I'm sorry I spouted off without knowing the whole story. It sure is something how things can happen, I hope everything works out for you.

Woodser
01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
If the gunsmith does not do right by you and hershey, I would post his name and address in every forum I could find, with appropriate negative comments. If he does make it right to everyone's satisfaction, I would not hesitate to recommend him as someone who stands behind his work.