PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: Savage 99E reciever sight

yorketransport
01-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I picked up a 99E carbine in 300 Savage for what I felt was a good price a few weeks ago. I'd like to put a reciever sight on here, but I want to be sure that I get the right one. I'm looking at the Williams FP-99s. It says that it's for the late model 99s with the top tang safety. Mine doesn't have the tang safety, but should this sight still work? The reciever is drilled and tapped for scope bases, so I assume that the Williams sight will screw into those holes. I just want to be sure before I spend the $70.

If anyone has another suggestion for a reciever sight I'd love to hear it. The Williams is just the one that I keep coming back to.

Andrew

Mad Dog
01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Ya, that one will fit the 99E. They state for tang sight 99's because the earlier rifles with the slide safeties used the Williams sights that mounted to the tang screws. Yours won't have tang screws and should only be D&T'd for scope mounts. The williams you mention is correct and mounts to the scope mount holes.

And wouldn't you know it, I've got one on Ebay right now if you wanna try to save yourself some cash. Just took it off a 99C in 284 cause I'm gonna scope it.

yorketransport
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks Mad Dog! That sure is convenient that you have one for sale. ;) I'm watching that auction closely.

Andrew