PDA

View Full Version : Scope Mounts

Pages : 1 [2]

helotaxi
12-07-2012, 12:53 PM
There's no learning without mistakes I say, and if you're not messing up, you're not trying!

I agree with the first part but categorically disagree with the second. No reason that it has to be you making the mistakes that you learn from. A lucky man learns from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others. My goal is to be a wise man with lots of lucky friends.

ellobo
12-07-2012, 05:28 PM
One time many yrs ago at a outdoor show a tech in the leupold booth told me that the damage they see in scopes coming back for repairs is caused by overtorqueing the mounting screws.

El Lobo

BrushGun
12-15-2016, 11:32 PM
On my savage 110 .223 with stainless bull barrel, I have a Nikon Monarch scope, I lap the rings, Its windage is off center and uses 1/3 of adjustment at 100 yrds, I tried another quality scope got same results. I ordered NightForce 1 piece 20 moa 1913 base, $200 Nightforce rings they said not to lap there rings and $2k Nightforce scope. Same results. All those scopes mount fine on my browning a-bolt, my encore and cz. going to try check hole drilling. But I also get small mark on bolt side from barrel on my brass. Some factor 223, not 556 wont let me close the bolt. I hand load so my neck turned brass works ok. Rifle shoots accurate but I certain when I get to 600 yrd range this will be an issue