PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New guy with confusing research

E.Nygma
11-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello everybody just joining as I bought my first 22lr rifle from a local gun store. At first I knew nothing about the gun just that I was looking for a nice 22lr rifle and a good price. There was a savage 22 rifle on consignment for 180 with a Tasco scope, bull barrel, synthetic stock, five round mag, and AccuTrigger. I liked the gun from what I saw knowing nothing much about it and a coworker telling me it's a quality rifle.I decide to put it on layaway. Once I got home I hopped onto savagearms.com looking for the rifle I was soon to purchase. It seemed to me that it was the FVXP. It wasn't until today that I went to pay it in full that I noticed on the top of the front barrel there was a small piece of metal which was in a rectangular slit. I asked my coworker what he thought it was and said maybe someone had put front sites before. I then got curious as to what model this gun really is so I found some postings saying input your guns S/N into savage's part finder. Well this is where I got confused the S/N sent me to the FVT model. Were the FVT's modified into FVXP's so they would still have the same S/N since the only visible difference is a scope? Thank you in advance for any information. :cool: