PDA

View Full Version : Shilen replacement barrels

sub-zero moa
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first time ever posting on any gun site so I hope I don't mess anything up. I am looking at ordering a 300 win mag. in the 10/110 HS Precision without the barrel. I will then be ordering a Shilen Select Match barrel ( replacement barrel ) and installing it. What have you guys and ladies experienced as far as accuracy with the Shilen repacement barrels. The reason I am going this route is because I want a heavy 7mm mag. to shoot light target and still hunt.

Thank you.... :eagerness:

justin1098
11-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I got a Shilen barrel in 6mmbr and it shoots in the .1-.2 inch 5 shot groups @100 yards when I do my part. Check with Northland Shooters Supply section under vender classifieds. Jim Briggs has the best prices and will help you get what you need and won't try to sell you anything you don't need.

82boy
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the site,
I have had good luck with Shilen barrels, they are a match quality barrel. As far as accuracy goes, you still see them show up on registered benchrest matchs equipement list, and on some super competitive shooters guns. If they did not preform at a top leval you would not see the used. With that said, the barrel has as much accuracy in it, as you can muster.

sub-zero moa
11-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks much for your time and comments, very helpful.

acemisser
11-21-2012, 12:29 PM
fantastic barrel I think..Nice and smooth inside as well....My 22-250 barrel very seldom
get copper in it...