PDA

View Full Version : Accraglass Gel v. Devcon

Johnnu
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
New member just reading thru the old posts and noticed that most of you use a bedding product called Devcon. I'm curious why most don't use what I used to know as the 'old standard' i.e. Accraglass (Brownell's). They have it in a gel form that I've used over the past decade with flawless results; and, they sell powdered aluminum if you want to put some metal into the mixture. Yet, I have hardly seen it mentioned on this forum..... Just curious. TKS, John N.

ellobo
11-20-2012, 01:14 AM
I have used it in the past and was happy with the results. The kits I used could do 2 rifles far cheaper than enough devcon to do the job.

El Lobo

justin1098
11-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Devcon 10110 (plastic steel putty) is thick like peanut butter and easy to work with. Doesn't run and can be machined easily. $35 for a pound will do 3 or 4 rifles. Supposedly, you get less shrinkage than marinetex or acraglass when it cures. Its all the rage with the competition folks. I have never used acraglass so can't compare, but I will continue using devcon because it turned out perfect for me my first try.

brtelec
11-20-2012, 12:59 PM
This is a good article and goes into the difference in most bedding compounds and Devcon 10110.

http://www.6mmbr.com/pillarbedding.html

Johnnu
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the comments and info......I'm glad I asked the question..... John N.