PDA

View Full Version : does bottom mounted Bolt release require different stock inlet??

Pages : 1 [2]

brasse
07-06-2013, 04:52 PM
It only takes will power and a Gorilla to remove the barrel nut and get rid of the Accustock recoil lug. Then get a Northland precision recoil lug and their barrel nut, and you have a better rifle. You can rent go/no go gages, under $20. The only thing that prevents the Accustock models from fitting is that recoil lug. And even that could be milled out of the aftermarket stock. I really don't know why Boyds and Stockys don't offer that as an option. The could charge $25 for a 15 second job and service a greater part of the market.

thomae
07-06-2013, 09:34 PM
I believe the Accustock recoil lug will fit into a standard lug recess. The non-Accustock lug will not fit into the Accustock recoil lug recess. I believe they are the same thickness and depth, just different widths.

Detritus
07-07-2013, 01:08 AM
I believe they are the same thickness and depth, just different widths.

That was the impression I was under. Just wanted to double check.

Sounds like the reply I received was effectively "Since we don't carry any stocks in inventory specifically made for use on formerly Accu-stock equipped rifles, we're going to default to the CYA position"

so anyone modified a B&C to take the bottom release? if so what was needed??

Would be Most delighted if I could easily convert one of the newly released fully adjustable versions inlet for the centerfeed action to work with the bottom mount release, since as noted earlier in the thread, a savage inlet equivalent of the "style 5" was what I was kind of after in the first place