PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: New Guy, Old Question--

Ductapeman
11-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! I grew up shooting my Dad's old 24D and my uncle's 24V, so when it was time to get my granddaughter a First Rifle I found her a very pink Cub T. It has served her well for the last five years now, but she has outgrown the inline stock and can no longer get her face low enough on the stock to pick up the iron sights. Is there another model Savage with a more "conventional" stock into which that barreled action can be dropped? I did try to search the Forum, but only found one other post posing this question, and it had zero responses-- please, if there is no answer to the question, could someone just tell me? In the meantime, I'll be looking in-- I've always enjoyed the old Savage rifles; had a 1923 Super Sporter in .30-30 until I let my brother-in-law talk me out of it last year, and I'm beginning to wish I hadn't. Thanks-- Lee

JCalhoun
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't think so.

Maybe look into some buttplate spacers?

Ishooter
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Fix the stock to fit her length of pull and if she still can't use the sights put a scope on it. Other than that get her a new rifle that fits. Bass Prow has Savage 11 on sale for 400 with the youth stock with spacers to add as she grows.