PDA

View Full Version : um...i think i'm done working up a load...

mjbgalt
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
took out hunter xp in .22-250. sighted in and switched to loads i worked up for a remington i used to have. all i have done to the savage is tighten everything up and clip a couple coils off the trigger spring. put up the first group in the 0.3" range. wow.

ok my $400 rifle shoots like a $2500 custom. nice. i keep buying different brands but each time i buy a savage they do stuff like this. eventually i am going to learn my lesson.

N8Will
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Sweet..... I have the same problem. Hard learners I guess..I had big plans on a M 11 243 to make a full custom 243 AI, ended up shooting the factory barrel and it shot well under .5 so I just had it rechambered and crowned, now with a little load work it will shoot bug holes with 87gr Berger VLDs. I think Im going to buy one of those in 223 for my go to calling rifle.

davemuzz
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
took out hunter xp in .22-250. sighted in and switched to loads i worked up for a remington i used to have. all i have done to the savage is tighten everything up and clip a couple coils off the trigger spring. put up the first group in the 0.3" range. wow.

ok my $400 rifle shoots like a $2500 custom. nice. i keep buying different brands but each time i buy a savage they do stuff like this. eventually i am going to learn my lesson.

No, no, no!! Look, just sell me that gun right now for $250 (plus shipping to my FFL of course) and put that money towards your custom rifle. You know you will never be happy with that ugly Savage. You will need that custom looking loud-n-boomer and you need all the money you can get to buy it!!! Yes, it will shoot large groups.....but that's what you pay large money for!!!

PM me your address. :)

KewlDeals
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
If I can ever get rid of my Remington 700, I'm getting another Savage.....

N8Will
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Kewl I know what you mean I have one for sale and Im about to start dumping the price just so I can get the cash out of it to build another savage. this addictions is getting alittle crazy......

mjbgalt
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
i had another hunter xp in .270 last summer that put the first 5 group at 100 yards into about 3/4" and that's way way beyond what i'd expect to get with factory ammo!

RatMag
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
The only rifle that I have left that isn't a Savage, is my old 10/22. I am contemplating selling it for a Mark II... LOL.

DK