PDA

View Full Version : Barrel nut cracked

bubbaloubrown
11-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I have a Model 110 in a 270.... went to get gun ready for next weeks hunt and noticed the barrel nut is cracked in half... question is, can I just get a new barrel nut and put on... or will there be more too it... last year, gun sling came loose and gun fell off shoulder and went straight down and hit mud on last day of the hunt... what are your guys thoughts... I would like to use this gun next sat, and i do know a guy that works on guns, but do you think I would have time to get a nut and site in.... or should I have the gun checked out.... any help would sure be appreciated... thanks in advance! Bubba

wbm
11-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Have the gun checked out. If everything else is ok you should be good to go. I have a spare barrel nut I can send you.

bubbaloubrown
11-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Wow, thanks for the offer, I will give the guy a call today.... I have other guns I can use, and didn't want to bother him a few days before the season starts... I am sure he is swamped... I guess I agree, best to be safe.... I will talk to him and see what he thinks... I will let you know if I need the nut... thanks again! Bubba

wbm
11-11-2012, 01:04 PM
You bet.