PDA

View Full Version : RUSSO STOCK

rjtfroggy
12-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Well I did it, after contacting Joel and talking with him and taking some of his recommendations into consideration I bit the bullet and ordered one.

Yellow/black - traditional Wildcat Thumbhole, with installed swivels and pad.
The wait is on 5-6 weeks should be here around the first week in Feb. and will take around another week to finish. So counting the stock I had to return (read other post)it will be 25 weeks waiting for a stock, plus in the beginning I waited 19 weeks for the rifle when it was only supposed to take 5-6.
Patience is a virtue.

savageboy
12-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Both he and his stocks are top quality! I am sure you will be happy

TOO Builder
12-31-2009, 11:17 PM
It will be worth the wait. I am waiting on my fourth from him and no disappointments yet.

tenwalker
01-01-2010, 04:48 AM
My barreled action will be shipped to Joel on Monday for a yellow and black stripped thumbhole. I can hardly wait for it's return because the yellow and black stripping will drive my Prairie Dog shooting partner crazy. :o :o :o Dale

rjtfroggy
01-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Tenwalker;
I hope he gets my stock started before he gets your action because we are going with the same wood and I would hate for him to only have one blank in stock, which would mean a longer wait time.
Maybe he has more than one yellow/black laminate block in stock then neither one of us has to wait.
I'm doing the colors for the same reason, to drive the guys at the range crazy, with all of their customized Rems. synthetic stocks custom barrels,triggers bedded actions,$2k and up for something that won't outshoot my Savage. It already upsets some, now it will drive them nuts.

tenwalker
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
I am building a 223 with a Savage target action with right hand bolt and left hand eject. I put a Krieger 26" light varminter barrel on it with a 1 in 12 twist. I had Fred at SSS chamber and crown the barrel and time the action. It will sport one of Joel's stocks. And it will be topped with a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 scope with the NP-1RR reticle. I have high hopes for this combo and intend to pave the trail with EXPLODING PRAIRE DOG'S. ;D ::)