PDA

View Full Version : Conversion from DBM to blind magazine on Model 10

greatescape
11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi, I'm a new kid on this block looking for a little help.

I have a new Model 10 FCP-K with an Accu-stock and DBM. Love the rifle, but I want to swap the stock to a McMillan or H-S Precision more suitable for bench/target or tactical/sniper configuration. Problem is finding a stock that accommodates the DBM. So I'm trying to find out if I can convert to a blind magazine.

Also of note is a possible issue with the trigger guard mounted bolt release. This is an issue on some Choate stocks.

Selling or trading this rifle for another like model is not an option. Anything other than a clean conversion is out of the questions as I'll live with what I have if necessary.

Help and /or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John_M
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
greatescape, I was able to convert my Model 10 from an internal magazine to a DBM w/H-S precision stock, all parts came from Savage. So I see no reason why one could not convert from a DBM to an internal magazine. My suggestion is to call Savage and talk with someone in Customer Service about your plan. If you are able to talk to the woman who helped me, she will give you all the details re: parts needed including available stocks.

Would also suggest you do a "Search" on this forum for such a conversion. The topic has been quite thoroughly covered in other threads.

Good luck.

jonbearman
11-09-2012, 11:48 PM
For the internal magazine,simply remove the floorplate on your DBM and the spring,box,and follower are your new internal mag.The only thing you need is the clip and screw to hold the screw.