PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Fluting

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Deserthunter
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Fred -- Is there any problem doing a left-handed bolt or is that a silly question? I have a 12FLV that I would love to have you do... Do I need to PM, call, ???? Please let me know.....

Thanks, Mike

TheShootist1894
01-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Fred doesn't have the very very very expensive 4th axis on his mill, therefore spiral anything is out. . . we talked this over in depth Saturday afternoon. . .

sharpshooter
01-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Fred -- Is there any problem doing a left-handed bolt or is that a silly question? I have a 12FLV that I would love to have you do... Do I need to PM, call, ???? Please let me know.....

Thanks, Mike

Right, left, long, short.....they're all cylindrical. It's best to call.

rjtfroggy
01-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Just spoke with SSS and am sending my bolt in tomorrow for fluting and a matching tactical handle put on. They will end up yellow/black to match up with the Wildcat stock from Joel Russo.
When it is complete I will post up pictures if I can figure out how to do it.

Smokepole
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Hard to beat the looks of spiral fluting IMO. Twisted Barrel does a heckuva job for reasonable money and quick turnaround in my case.

sparks1
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Ordered in the nick of time. My action in for a time and true, saw the fluted bolts and emailed SSS last Sat. afternoon to get mine fluted. Email todat from Lisa says it's fluted and on the way to me !! What service! I am so glad I saw the pics on this forum. Getting my action T&T'd AND a fluting job and returned so quick is great. Now if only that 6.5 barrel would arrive. (next month,,,darn it)