PDA

View Full Version : Weaver scope bases

kayaker
12-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi again,
I was checking the weaver style bases supplied with my mod 11 package rifle.

Each base is marked '61S'.

Weaver recommends the 61 bases for the rear but the 46 on pre-2003 models BUT both 46 front and rear for newer accu-trigger models and the Stevens 200. So I assume then that the inclination for the scope plane is not in the base height differences but from a height difference in reciever bridge rear and reciver ring forward?

Confused ???

Cheers

kayaker
12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Ah, ;D
I see on Midway that post-2003 accutrigger savages use identical bases. I am assuming that the non-accutrigger 11 falls into this category.

They should use 2x 46 bases...still doesn't explain why mine are marked as 61S...perhaps they are not made made by weaver and marked differently?

sharpshooter
12-30-2009, 09:13 PM
The bases on the package rifles are not made by Weaver. Pay no attention to those numbers, they don't cross reference to any Weaver numbers.

Bill Star
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
The #46 Weavers are for round receivers so
the #46's will fit front and rear of a Accu-Trigger
rifle.
The #61 Weaver (all I have Seen) are flat base
mounts and will fit Savage 110 type rear with
flat back receiver's (pryor to Accu-Triggers).
So on the earlier Savage 110 Types you need
a #46 Front and #61 rear mount.
According to weaver.

REDTAIL
01-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Hi guy's I am new to the forum, & have a question about bases & rings, I am in the process of buying a savage/stevens 200 rifle in 223 Rem & I am not sure what kind of 2 pcs bases & rings that that I should buy to put on for my scope, I will likely buy them from Midway USA as that I buy most of my gun needs from then over the years,So if anyone can suggest what part number's that I need to order, for the rings & bases, Please let me know, & do I use the flat or round rear bases for the 200 rifle, Thanks, Also any suggestions of either Weaver, or Redfield bases & rings. ? :-\