PDA

View Full Version : LRPV Vs BVSS?

TrxR
12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Which would you recommend in a .223 for Target shooting from bench and bipod? Advantages and disadvantages of each? Is the BVSS available in any other twist or in a single shot?

My other option would be to build something off a savage target action. Anyone know how much they want for just an action?

Thanks

Dewmonkey6
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I have the Savage 12 BVSS in .223 with a twist rater of 1 in 9. It shoots extremely well off the bench. I use a rest vs a bipod. If i do my part it will put five shots under an inch easily. I am extremely happy with this rifle but it can be a bit heavy. it weighs in over 12 pounds. dewmonkey

fatdaddy
12-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Northland Shooters Supply has actions for sale in the vendor section on the this site. Stevens and Savage actions available. Jim can hook you up with barrels and stocks as well. Build the exact rifle you want. Then you'll want another....Bill

ruger1
12-31-2009, 01:30 AM
I'm new to this site but have been enjoying all the great information. Lots of folks with a lot of experience and great information. I have owned the BVSS and it was a good shooter for sure. Wasn't thrilled with the stock but it's just a personall thing. I had problems with the 2nd round feeding for some reason. I shoot all Savages and have settled on the LRPV. My .223 believe it or not just loves the 40gr vmax. Pretty much one ragged hole at 100 yards if I do my job that day. Savage site shows the BVSS only as a repeater. I love the LRPV right bolt left port. Better trigger too!!! In my humble opinion it's worth the extra bucks. My .204 LRPV is just a tack driver. Just one shooters opinion but I liked the LRPV enough I have 3 of them now.