PDA

View Full Version : Stockade Gun Stocks Bedding?

rdog52
11-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Do the stocks from Stockade with the "internal aluminum skeleton" need to be bedded? They claim that their stocks are "drop in". Please forgive my ignorance, but I am fairly new to this aftermarket stock game.

helotaxi
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Need? Probably not, but they *might* benefit from it. The stocks that I have of a similar design (B&C Medalists) are shooting tiny groups without bedding.

rdog52
11-04-2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks, Helo. That's good to hear.

rfurman24
11-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Bedding will never hurt. What is your definition of need? Do you need an aftermarket stock? I do not own a rifle that is not bedded. Either way one of Kevin's stock will be a huge improvement over the tupperware that comes with most Savages.

rdog52
11-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess what I should have said was will bedding improve the accuracy of a rifle riding in a stock with an aluminum bedding block. Or is that the advantage of the bedding block - not needing to bed the stock. I'm trying to decide on my upgrade stock and want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. Thanks for your help.

rfurman24
11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
In my opinion all stocks should be bedded. Aluminum bedding blocks just make a better, more solid bedding platform.

helotaxi
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The bedding block takes the place of pillars and you can still skim bed over that.

haliaetus
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
In my experience, I have one Stockade that fits my action and recoil lug like a glove and one that needs some attention around the lug. The one that needs attention is the OTM "money saver," so I expected to need to do this. I also have noticed that on the same rifle, which is the new center-feed, that I will need to bed or shim below the magazine box assembly because it sits too low and I am having feeding issues. I wish I could convert to stagger-feed; center-feed sucks.