PDA

View Full Version : benchmark barrel

schmalts
08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
my new build up has a 7wsm barrel from benchmark. Had not much time to play with loads but shot this 3 shot group @ 500 yards. Looks promising
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/schmalts/Photo005.jpg

358Hammer
08-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Looking very good from here.

Neal

roptics
08-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a Benchmark for my 7mm wsm and it is a tack driver. Consistent hits on Rock chucks at 400yds. Driving around in the boomies and had a 750yd shot on a rock the size of a basketball and scored a hit first shot. I am firing 162gr A-Max at 3100fps and it is awesome.

kelbro
09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
My .308 Benchmark still amazes me at how well it shoots.

LongArm
01-14-2010, 02:15 AM
how do you think the benchmark barrels compare with brux and pac-nor??

Sloverado
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I am looking into a benchmark barrel setup as well any insight would be great.

358Hammer
02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I have never shot a finer barrel in 40 years of shooting. I am not saying that there are not equal quality barrel makers out there however. There are some very fine barrel makers. When I did the original research when I switched from McGowen and was looking at benchmark I learned the following.

1. Many,many world rimfire records. Spoke with some of those shooters.
2. My McGowens from the original group ( shoot excellant)of guys learned some special things from Ron at Benchmark. So Ron is also a gentleman!
3. Spoke with a guy that was shooting a benchmark at 1000yards and up to 1 mile. Super accurate,easy to clean and the 3 groove barrel gave him more velocity.
4. Ron is self owned and has been in buisness for a decade or so. Same group of guys making the barrels.
5. Turn around time is excellant.
6. First group with the first Benchark barrel showed extreme promise. The third,fourth,fifth and every group shot where one holers.

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/BenchmarkUltralightbarrel.jpg

zedsdead
02-16-2010, 12:11 AM
About two years ago I wanted to build a 204 on a R700. My gunsmith recommended a Benchmark barrel. I wanted a Kreiger. That is, until he told me the wait time. I went with the Benchmark and was not disappointed. It shoots we enough that I never pass up a chance to brag on it any time someone asks about Benchmark barrels. It definitely shoots better than I can drive it and cleans just as well.

Jason

kelbro
02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I have a 25" Benchmark 308 barrel that amazes me with how well it shoots and how little it fouls. Makes me look like I know what I'm doing :)

slurpin dog
02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Had been planning on buying Kreiger 5r barrel (5 groove) until I began hearing a lot of good things about Benchmark barrels, but you say they are 3 groove. Are all Benchmark barrels 3 groove?

I have never shot a finer barrel in 40 years of shooting. I am not saying that there are not equal quality barrel makers out there however. There are some very fine barrel makers. When I did the original research when I switched from McGowen and was looking at benchmark I learned the following.

1. Many,many world rimfire records. Spoke with some of those shooters.
2. My McGowens from the original group ( shoot excellant)of guys learned some special things from Ron at Benchmark. So Ron is also a gentleman!
3. Spoke with a guy that was shooting a benchmark at 1000yards and up to 1 mile. Super accurate,easy to clean and the 3 groove barrel gave him more velocity.
4. Ron is self owned and has been in buisness for a decade or so. Same group of guys making the barrels.
5. Turn around time is excellant.
6. First group with the first Benchark barrel showed extreme promise. The third,fourth,fifth and every group shot where one holers.

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/kk460/emeraldislandlover/BenchmarkUltralightbarrel.jpg

358Hammer
02-18-2010, 11:34 PM
No, you can get a number of different groove barrels along with cut rifle barrels as well.

I was only interested and have only had three groove barrels as I had heard that the velocity gains with the three groove were noticeable.

Neal