PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...

pequeajim
11-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Just thought I'd introduce myself to you all.

My name is Jim and I am from New Holland, PA. I just started shooting pistol when my daughter expressed an interest. I have been out shooting twice, so I'm a newbie, but just joined a local rifle and pistol club and plan on going several times a month.

I ordered a Savage Mark II BTVS from a local gun shop, and should have it by next Wednesday.

I'm pretty excited about getting into target shooting, and am wondering what's the best ammo to use with this gun. I shoot Federal Champion LRs in my Ruger 22/45 Lite, and hope that this will work out fine for the Savage? I'm also going to want to put a scope on it. Any recommendations?

Jim!

Celtic Warrior
11-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome. You have picked a great forum. The people here are friendly and Knowledgeable.

pequeajim
11-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome. You have picked a great forum. The people here are friendly and Knowledgeable.

Thanks CW, my Mark II BTVS should be here this week, and even though it's a bit cold out, I'm going to shoot it this week also.

Last night I ordered a Nikon Prostaff Target 3-9x40 AO Scope, and will mount it on a couple of Weaver rings

Jim!

JCalhoun
11-10-2012, 02:59 PM
The Mark II just might like the ammo you are shooting now. Give it a try and see. I use the Federal Auto Match in Mark II and .22LR pistols.

All guns are different and you may find that what works best in one is not the best for another. You can either buy what each likes or go with a compromise.

Think of all that fun time you'll have at the range trying out the different ammo.

pequeajim
11-11-2012, 08:44 AM
I will try that. My Mark II was a little late getting here, so now that it is in at the gun shop, and I will be able to get it on Tuesday when they reopen.

Dang!