PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Savage Model 330

KCK21
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I have a Savage Model 330 O/U. I would like to buy New/Used 12 ga barrel set for it. Does anyone know where I may be able to buy the barrels? Does anyone know if the any other Savage model like the 333T, 312SC, etc will fit the model 330?

Mike Armstrong
08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
As far as I've been able to see, these barrels come up (rarely) on the internet "For Sale" sites such as www.24hourcampfire.com etc. It is worth trying a (free) WTB listing for them. They also come up more frequently (but still rarely) on EBay when somebody "parts out" a 330. But they don't last long.

All I can say is try all the "parts houses," the WTB sections of GunBroker, Calguns.net, etc, and monitor EBay. It may take a while. Sometimes somebody sells the extra barrels from a 330 2-guage set, and when they do, it's almost always the 12 guage barrels.

Hope you get lucky. The only Savage/Valmet barrels that I KNOW will also fit the 330 are the Model 2400 combination gun barrels and they are scarce as hen's teeth. The pre-Savage "Valmet Lion" barrels imported by Sloan's (I think) will also fit but are also scarce, and most of them have an added PolyChoke VR, which I think Sloans (?) added to appeal to American shooters.