PDA

View Full Version : Savage Shooters Classifieds

romad97
10-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi all. I am pretty new to this site. I am very interested in viewing the classifieds. Is there a certain requirment to be able to view this section or something? Nothing comes up when I go there although it says several people are viewing. Is this a post count restriction of some sort?

KRP
10-31-2012, 06:42 PM
You need to be a paid member.

romad97
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
How much does that cost and who do I pay?

ellobo
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM
At the top of this page there is a slot that says "membership info" Try that. And it is $12/yr

El Lobo

KRP
10-31-2012, 07:00 PM
$12 a year, hit the membership info button towards the top of the page below the SavageShooters logo.

stangfish
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
At the top of this page there is a slot that says "membership info" Try that. And it is $12/yr

El Lobo

Some people are such great contributors they are "honorary" members. Only the lucky ones though.

romad97
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Not sure if this was a stab at me or not but, in any case I am a paid member now. Never said I was too cheap to pay I just simply didn't know.

stangfish
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Not sure if this was a stab at me or not but, in any case I am a paid member now. Never said I was too cheap to pay I just simply didn't know.

LOL. No that was for The Wolf. Sweetheart of a guy that always takes time to help others. I consider him a fixture.

ellobo
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I kind thought you had me in your sights Fish. Thanks for the compliment. But be aware, I do pass out bad info once in awhile but believe me, I get corrected so fast it makes my head swim. But so do beautiful women and beautiful rifles. Beautiful rifles herein known as "Accurate Rifles".

El Lobo

rgburrill
11-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Why do I have to pay this site owner to buy something from someone else? Why can't the site owner collect fees from the sellers?

BoilerUP
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Why do I have to pay this site owner to buy something from someone else?

You don't.

But if you wanna buy from someone on this site...you gotta abide by site rules. Access to the Classifieds requires paid membership. Its the price of a 12 pack of decent beer...and less than a box of decent factory ammo.

Why can't the site owner collect fees from the sellers?

No thanks...complicated and messy, Besides, that'd get passed through to buyers.

stangfish
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
One thing to consider is that it takes a lot of time to run a forum. Server, software, support etc.. ain't free either.

scope eye
11-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Also one thing to consider is that the $12.00 will and does help deter scammers.

Tanks Dean

rgburrill
11-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I belong to several forums and this is the ONLY one that charges to buy from a member ad. EVERY other forum I belong to charges the seller when they make a sale. Classified ads are the standard way of getting the money to keep a website open!

romad97
11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I did not mean to start something with this thread. I simply wanted to know how to view the classified section. $12 dollars isn't much and I happily paid it. If you don't like it its very simple, move on to a different forum. Thanks to everyone that helped me out.

BeatCJ
11-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I belong to several forums and this is the ONLY one that charges to buy from a member ad. EVERY other forum I belong to charges the seller when they make a sale. Classified ads are the standard way of getting the money to keep a website open!

They aren't charging to buy, they are charging to have access. Yeah, semantics. I agree with scope eye, the $12 is worth it to cut down on spammers/scammers.

I did not mean to start something with this thread. I simply wanted to know how to view the classified section. $12 dollars isn't much and I happily paid it. If you don't like it its very simple, move on to a different forum. Thanks to everyone that helped me out.

You didn't start anything. Good call, worth it to me, too.

Amistoso
11-06-2012, 08:47 PM
One thing to consider is that it takes a lot of time to run a forum. Server, software, support etc.. ain't free either.
YUP!
I'm getting my paid membership soon, just to help out... not even for the classifieds, although i will now have that incentive/thanks!

Amistoso
11-06-2012, 08:49 PM
and this is just another that i like more!

smax
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Are the classifieds worth it or is it a ghost town?

Amistoso
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Are the classifieds worth it or is it a ghost town?
I plan on getting my paid membership this Friday/Payday(i budget paycheck to paycheck, im poor). But the way i look at it, i plan on doing this to help this great forum and keep it going, not for the classifieds... although, it will now be a plus for joining :)