PDA

View Full Version : durramaxx help

calib
10-31-2012, 12:22 AM
i am going to be receiving a durramaxx stock for my 22-250ai and was wondering how they are to bed. i have heard that the rear pillar is not that great and have heard mostly good things about the rest of it. i will be getting it bedded, but was wondering what you guys' experience is with them.

jpdown
10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Easy to bed. Bedding adheres well to the material. I don't think the pillars are a issue once you bed around and over them. May have to do some dremel work in the lug area to make sure action and barrel are centered in the stock.

nuke
10-31-2012, 12:42 PM
I just installed/bedded one on my 308 scout. It was very tight on the tang and I'm not sure it was even touching the rear pillar before I clearance the tang area. Since my scout uses a side mag release button magazine I had to do some additional clearance for the mag housing, spring, button, and cut the mag opening. I removed the paint in the bedding areas with 80 grit to the base material and I did some additional cleanup sanding 220/320 on the interior. The stock would be closer to drop in if there were more clearance in the tang area and some hand sanding were done prior to paint.

David E.