PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 111 in 30-06

callawaykid
08-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site as well as the Savage Arms family and I am in dire need of some help. :( I purchased a 30-06 with an acutrigger, synthetic stock, floating barrel and I installed a Weaver style 2 piece base with Burris rings holding a new Nikon 6x18 Buckmaster Scope. I am big into customizing all that I own to fit my shooting and personality traits, but I am falling short on finding anything extra to be model specific. I look around for and type in the model # but do not find anything for the model 111, I come up with a lot of model 110 stuff instead. So, to make this as shot and sweet as possible I am in need of suggestions on where to go, as far as websites and on line webstores that will be able to release my creative monster. I thank all of you who read, reply and suggest. Thank you again; Callawaykid. ???

kweeks10045
08-16-2008, 08:49 AM
All of the 110 accessories will fit. The only difference between the 111 and 110 models I am aware of, is the 111 has open sights.

kbyrd
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
All of the 110 accessories will fit. The only difference between the 111 and 110 models I am aware of, is the 111 has open sights.

Is this true of the other models? I see a few aftermarket parts for "Savage 110". I've got an 11 and it seems this is just the short action version of the same gun.

270VARMINT
10-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I have a model 111 and I'm loooking for stock options to change to. I am unable to find much options since mine has the removable clip? Any ideas or options would be great.

jpdown
10-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Start with our site sponsors. They offer additional parts and stock options to fit any model. There are fewer stock options for the newer center feed short action (Savage 10, 14, 16...). Lot's more options for long action models (110, 111, 114, 116, ....), since action hole spacing did not change. Older short and long action models have stagger feed magazines. SSS and Stockade Gunstocks offer top quality stocks for the new center feed and older stagger feed models. Bell & Carlson and Boyd's offer mid-priced blind magazine stocks. There is a wait period for custom stocks. The options are out there. This site is a good place to start your research. Good luck and have fun building your very own custom Savage, or two, or three.......